William & Ann Colridge of North Bovey

William COLRIDGE, born in 1760, is the third son of Thomas & Mary COLRIDGE of North Bovey.

The North Bovey parish register records the following marriage:

William COLRIDGE married Anne TAVERNER on 31st July 1792 in the Parish Church of North Bovey after banns. Both signed. Witnesses John TAVERNER and Robert TAPPER.

The North Bovey parish register records the baptisms of 4 children to William & Ann COLRIDGE:

William COLRIDGE's baptism was recorded on 9th July 1793.

John COLRIDGE's baptism was recorded on 23rd June 1795.

Richard COLRIDGE's baptism was recorded on 1st May 1798.

Ann COLRIDGE's baptism was recorded on 21st September 1800.

The North Bovey parish register also records William's death:

William COLERIDGE's burial, aged 75, was recorded on 10th June 1835. Abode noted as Wormhill.

1841 census for Moretonhampstead

Address Name Age Relation Occupation
Moretonhampstead
North Dockham
George TAVERNER
Susan TAVERNER
William TAVERNER
Thomas TAVERNER
Thirza TAVERNER
Laura TAVERNER
Emily TAVERNER
Jane TAVERNER

William COLRIDGE
45
40
15
8
4
3
1
15

45
  Publican







Ag Lab

In 1841 William & Ann's son William would be 47 and is living with George TAVERNER, presumed to be his cousin. Ann is widowed and living with Richard & Mary Ann.

1851 census for Devon

Address Name Age Relation Occupation
Kingsteignton William COLDRIDGE 57 Lodger Ag Lab

In 1851 William is recorded in Kingsteignton.

1851 census for Exeter

Address Name Age Relation Occupation
Exeter St Mary Steps
Stepcote Hill
Ann COLDRIDGE 86 Lodger Nurse

In 1851 Ann Coldridge is recorded in Exeter. Her birthplace is given as Moreton and she was born around 1765 so is 5 years younger than William.

Ann Coldridge's death was registered in June 1854 in Exeter.

1861 census for Moretonhampstead

Address Name Age Relation Occupation
Moretonhampstead
Gregory Arms Inn
William COLRIDGE 67 Head Ag Lab

In 1861 William & Ann's son William is again recorded in Moretonhampstead.

William M COLRIDGE's death, aged 71, was recorded on 12th July 1864. Noted as Doccombe.